19 OCTOBER 2023
9.00 AM- 4.30 PM
UP TO 40 PEOPLE
Blue Point -
Blvd Auguste Reyers 80,
We are currently seeing a major acceleration in autonomous transport systems thanks to the amazing progress made in the development of sensors and artificial intelligence. Fleets of hundreds of robotaxis are already being operated on the roads of several American and Chinese cities, autonomous buses are being tested in various towns, and driverless trucks are being trialled on motorways.
Given this situation, it is important for Belgian transport professionals to be prepared for this mobility revolution and to make the right choices to take full advantage of the benefits that these technologies can bring, while anticipating any potential adverse effects.
Join us for the first Mobility Masterclass on autonomous mobility in Belgium and meet experts to form your own view and help your organisation prepare for these changes.
You'll benefit from unique professional contacts, particularly with the twenty or so participants in the Belgian delegation that travelled to San Francisco in August 2023.
The training will be given in English but questions and discussions can take place in French and Dutch.
Autonomous Mobility: where are we now
Why would people in the USA use robotaxis?
How close are we to self-driving trucks?
- Discover the latest technological developments and the global players behind them
- Understand the different types of autonomous mobility systems and their contribution to the movement of people and goods
- Find out about the positive and negative impacts of autonomous mobility, so as to be able to anticipate these changes skilfully
- Meet the Belgian players working in this field and strengthen your professional network
19 OCTOBER 2023
9.00 - 12.30
State of the art of autonomous mobility
An overview of the latest developments in autonomous mobility projects in the USA, Asia and Europe.
Back from the field
Impressions of participants in the Belgian delegation to San Francisco in August 2023
How to develop a self-driving project ?
Lessons learned from 5 years of operational management of autonomous mobility projects in Belgium and abroad.
12.30 - 13.30
Lunch and test of autonomous mobility simulation tools in VR
13.30 - 16.30
What is the potential of autonomous mobility in the future and what could be the global impacts?
Presentation of scenarios to evaluate the potential and the impacts of autonomous mobility in Belgium.
How to establish a strategy for autonomous mobility ?
Ideas for developing an autonomous mobility strategy at national or regional level, or for a private company
- How to reinforce the cooperation between Belgian actors ?
- What are the main obstacles for a large deployment and adoption of autonomous mobility?
- How to maximize the benefits and minimize the drawbacks of autonomous mobility developments?